Intermountain Therapy Animals team volunteers currently participate in animal-assisted interactions (AAT or AAA) in a full spectrum of healthcare and educational settings. Following are typical examples:
- Alzheimers Care Units
- Assisted Living Centers
- Boys and Girls Clubs and other after-school programs
- Camp Programs for various populations, including cancer
- Developmental Disabilities, programs for children, youth and adults
- Eating Disorder programs
- Grief and Grieving Programs
- Guardian ad Litem offices
- Head Start and Pre-School Programs, Daycare
- Hospitals, including:
- Burn ICU
- Cancer treatment
- Rehabilitation therapies
- Room visits
- Waiting Rooms
- Emergency and Behavioral Health Units
- Juvenile Detention Programs/Prison and Correctional Facilities
- Residential Treatment Centers, for children, adolescents, addiction recovery and psychiatric clients
- Schools, including Special Education and R.E.A.D.
- Senior Care Centers, short- and long-term
- Libraries (R.E.A.D.)
- Veterans Hospitals
- Women and Children’s Domestic Violence Shelters
If you are interested in the possibility of launching a program at your facility (Utah only), please fill out the Facility Request Form. We will send your request out to our therapy teams as well as add your facility to our online waiting list. Please understand, due to the high demand for animal-assisted therapy programs and because our team associates are volunteering, it can take a long time (if at all) to start a program. If your request is older than 1 year before a team is found, you will need to resubmit this form. If you have any questions about this, please email email@example.com. For all other inquires, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We make classroom presentations on Dog Safety or Responsible Pet Care. Please contact Lilly at 801-272-3439 or Lilly@TherapyAnimals.org if you would like to have our animals come to your class.
Request a Program at Your Facility
If you are interested in the possibility of launching a program at your facility (Utah, Idaho and Montana only), please fill out the Facility Request Form. We will get to work right away to fulfill your request. Please understand, due to the high demand for animal-assisted therapy programs and because our team associates are volunteers, this can take some time!
Request a Community Presentation
We make over 30 presentations annually about the work of therapy animals to university students, community organizations and professional groups and conferences of all scope and sizes. Please contact Executive Director Kathy Klotz at 801-272-3439 or email@example.com to discuss and schedule.